I don't remember where I got the recipe from, I think I must've copied it off a blog, thanks to the person who provided this recipe, credit to you. I did modify it a bit, I used butter instead of margarine, for the fact that I don't like cooking and baking with margarine. I also reduced the amount of sugar from one cup to 3/4 of a cup, I often do that.
Berry Medley Cake
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup caster/baker's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour (I used self-raising flour)
3 teaspoons baking powder
(2 teaspoons if using self-raising flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
(1) Heat oven to 190C or 375F
(2) Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla till pale and creamy.
(3) Add flour, baking powder, salt and finally milk.
(4) Throw into 9x13 greased pan (I used round springform) Add about 2-3 cups mixed berries (strawberries are especially good)
(5) Bake for 30 minutes or till cake is springy when touched. Drizzle icing sugar/powdered sugar on top if desired. Easy does it!From this......... (Bling) To this........ Now watch how quickly I devoured this piece of loveliness! Need I say more, no even a trace of crumb was left on my plate! It was "looovlei" indeed!