Monday, August 18, 2008

Cultivating Godly Thoughts

"Keep love in your heart.
A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead."
**Oscar Wilde*"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing."
**1 Corinthians 13:1-3**Aren't these words profound? Hope you are having a fabulous week. These roses are absolute champions, they have held on to the end. I must say I've had such a long flowering season with them(starting October last year here) and I'm so proud of them. The day before yesterday when I was out there in the garden to give the last rose bushes the "chop", this Jude the Obscure was smiling high up on top of its cane in mid-air with strong fragrance I could smell and larger-than-life kind of look, as if to say "Thanks for all the hard work and good food you put in for us, here I am, your reward!" Growing roses has overall been a rewarding experience. Many people think I must be in the garden working my fingers raw everyday to be able to get the roses to look good, well I have to confess, I don't. I often neglect my roses and put them on hold while I have other more important things to attend to. I think roses are one of the toughest plants in the world, and they sometimes have to fend for themselves in my garden. Of course there are other much more important things in life than roses, roses are only a hobby, aren't they? Anyhoo, enjoy the rest of your week! Have a good one, my dear friends! The berry looking things are Rosehips
"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in a spirit of love." **Henry Drummond**

3 comments:

Niels Plougmann said...

What beautiful roses and pictures. And you present them so beautifully, like only a woman can. I also really like your quotes. And you are right, roses really are not that hard to grow and the bloom so long compared to other plants. I love to have roses all over the house and enjoy their scent during the season.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosy,

I enjoy your latest round of rose pictures!! Look at that PERFECT Jude!!!!

Thanks for your encouraging words on the wholecloth. I am anxious to get started. I have been sidetracked in doing other things.

CIELO said...

All lovely lovely vignettes.... I could be here for hours looking at all the beautiful things you have on your blog.... :)

May the sun shine upon you today

cielo