Monday, May 05, 2008

Am I the only one here?


I have something to confess. I am a "homemade/homecooked" freak. What do I mean by that? Well, I mean I have this streak in me which likes my food to be homemade rather than store-bought. If I could choose, I'd prefer all my meals to be homecooked or homemade. When I entertain, I like everything to be homemade as much as I can, I know I'm making things difficult for myself, but homemade is definitely better, that's why I say I'm a freak. I'm not saying I don't enjoy eating out, but since we have three kids and we can't afford to eat out too frequently, I cook almost everyday. And since I cook very often, I'm always on the lookout for new things to cook. I love variety, so much so that sometimes my kids ask me when I'll cook a certain dish again, I have to think really hard which one they're talking about as I've only cooked that dish once. Is it just me? Or are there any of you like me out there? Maybe not quite. But what kind of a freak are you? I'd love to hear from you.

7 comments:

Miss Jean said...

I bet an invitation to your home for dinner is quite a treat! Your food looks divine. I don't cook too much, our kids are gone and it's just the two of us. However, I love to bake and that's what I'm a freak about. I would not bring store bought baked goods to any of the potlucks at work. Now that I'm retired, I still won't buy store bought. When hubby has a guys movie night for his friends, I bake. I bake for my Mom and the other ladies at her retirement home. I believe that it's something that this modern age is losing and missing. Luckily, my daughter has inherited this "freakishness", too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosy,

What scrumptious-ness! Can I come over?!

I like to have my meals home-made as well. There really is one restaurant in town that we really like. The only thing I don't like about home-cooking is the cleanup I have to do everytime I use the kitchen. I like my kitchen gleaming, and my stove too. So, that's quite a hassle to me. Thankfully, my husband is pretty good about doing a thorough shine on my ceramic stovetop whenever it needs more muscular work than I can offer. I have relied on the oven a lot to cook since there are just the two of us.

MeMeMe said...

Hello Rosy, you are a Martha. Or better than. Your blog is so lovely and sweet, I will be visiting again. Your roses are awesome, I saw them at Cielo's Garden of the Month blog.

May you be surrounded by blooms always.

Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosy,

See? Avocado and chicken -- another thing with we have in common!

I used to eat avocado with sugar when I was growing up. Did you ever do that?

I don't have much Oriental stuff in my pantry, but soy sauce definitely has a permanent place in there! ;)

If you ever try to make that salad dressing, make sure you don't use by a little bit of soy sauce. Try to add the honey until you don't really taste the "mayo", and then just add that little bit of soy sauce - I think the soy sauce adds that little bit of a kick to the overall taste. :)

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored and lucky that I was invited to your home for dinner, and not only one time (do I make a lot of people jealous, ha..). I can garantee that Rosy's food is not only looking good,the taste is divine as well.
Simply Roses

Rosy Inspiration said...

Simply Roses:

It has been such a pleasure to know you and boy, do we talk when we are together. I love all the time spent with you and you're a true kindred spirit, a sister indeed.

Donna Lynn said...

I too am a homefood maker, we rarely if ever, eat out! I have breakfast for my husband every morning at 5:30am, lunch in the bag, and dinner on the table when he comes home!!!!
Beautiful post...
Hugs, Donna Lynn