Thursday, October 02, 2008

Spring Snapshots

We're having school holidays this week and next and visitors will come and visit and stay with us next week, so you can imagine it's going to be very busy but exciting time for us. I've also been painting some walls, Can you guess which walls in my house I've been painting? Will show you photos in the next post. I took some snapshots here and there while I'm waiting for the second coat of paint to dry. Some rosebuds have started to become flowers, it's that time of the year again!! We've been having lots of rain this last week and the aphids have been horrors, I can't spray them while it rains, so squishing them is my only good option, they are bad this year! I've killed so many that every time I shut my eyes, I see images of aphids!! Urg! Eek! Never mind, I think my perseverance might win yet! Have a dandy day, my lovely blogland pals, don't let those aphids scare you! Drop me a line if you haven't so I can come and visit you too. Note: To those of you who asked me if I have a name for the rose above - Yes, I do! It's called "Perfumed Perfection" and it's a Floribunda rose.

10 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Can't wait to see what color you are painting your walls! I am sure it will be wonderfully yummy! Have a great SRING weekend! Hugs, Maryjane

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oops! S P R I N G weekend! Love your garden as always!

Gone said...

What a lovely garden, Rosy!!!

Thanks for your comments about the picture on my post today!

And thanks...for the use of your recipe and pictures of that delicious Berry Cake!!! I think next time, I'm going to use peaches!!

If you would like to join us at my Birthday TEA PARTY and post a TEA PARTY on your blog that day (or just visit and comment at mine)...we'd love to have you! If you want to sign up to POST that day, click on the October 8th Tea Party button in my right side-bar on my blog.

~Blessings,
Jan

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosy,

The flowers are so gorgeous. I am anticipating with great excitement another round of gorgeous rosy pictures!

Enjoy your weekend, and your company.

Blessings.

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Your roses are just beautiful as well as your garden. What kind of roses are these?
Hugs~Kelly

FrenchGardenHouse said...

so beautiful, your flowers are to die for! Ours are just starting to wither away as it's autumn. I am so glad I "found" you today, I'll be back to sit in your garden and smell the roses.:)
xo Lidy

Pink Slippers said...

I was just tending my roses today and noticed those yucky aphids on lots of my new rose buds. I have to take care of them hopefully in the next day or two. We were suppose to have rain here but didn't. Have a great week in the busy-ness of it all. Wendy

Wanda said...

Lovely Roses expecially the lavender colored one, does it have a name? your pictures are so good. We are going into fall here so I have few roses left,I do so hate to see them go, so I shall enjoy yours.TTFN rosesinwinter.blogspot.com

CIELO said...

Ahhhh, I'm in heaven!.... Gorgeous!

I tried to contacted you to email you a little logo I've made for my "special" blogging friends,but couldn't find an email.... ;)

Have a lovely day, Rosy

cielo

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Beautiful flowers! Such gorgeous shades of lavender.

Sorry the aphids are so bad for you this year. Hate those little buggers.

Kimberly :)