Monday, June 16, 2008

The Calm Before and After a Storm

HeritageSeduction China Doll Jubilee CelebrationThe chill in the air really has a bite to it, I tend to want to stay indoors in the heated comfort of our house, only to go outside due to the beckoning of the roses in the garden. We've had stormy weather with cold fronts, rain and hail, but it's often amazingly calm before and after the dramatic heavenly show. Yes, heavenly show, that's what I call it, it was a very useful term to help my son overcome his fear of storms at night when he was littler, apart from assuring him that God has His heavenly host guard over him. Perfumed Perfection
Radio Times Anbridge Rose
Jude the Obscure
St.Cecilia
Abraham Darby These photos were taken before and after the storm and hail, they certainly look deceptively calm. Roses weather the storm quite well, as soon as the sun shows up, they hold their heads up and shine again.

On a different note, have a look at our sweet sweet baby Belle, can you see her smile? She loves it when the sun comes out too. If I rate this smile out of ten, it would be a "4" smile, as she didn't really show her teeth. So you can imagine, she can be a real smiler when she wants to.I treasure the time I can spend with Belle, she's such a sweetie. Did you know she came out "Top of the class" when we took her to Dog Training/Obedience class, she did EVERYTHING required of her to do and "passed" with flying colours, and my children were commended for handling her so well. But secretly (shhhh!) she's not absolutely obedient at all times, she still has her moments, just like many females do............. she 'll be obedient when she wants to. Lol. However, we love and accept her just the same. Have a wonderful week peppered with loving kindness, my friends!

10 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Your roses are still looking beautiful. Wish mine were but they are looking more and more like they are going to be pruned real soon.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - I can't believe your roses are STILL growing in the winter!! Amazing.

I did check into perfumed perfection in a rose book over here, but it was not listed as one of the more common ones here in the States. I am still looking though.

Have a wonderful week yourself

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

Simply awe-inspiring.

And sweet Belle would bring a smile and happiness to anyone!

Kelly said...

I only pray that one day my roses will look even remotely as beautiful as yours. You've got a skill!

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosy,

It's always good to hear from you!
:) Well, my quilt is not quite completed - I have about 2/3 more to go for the quilting. I kind of regret taking on the task of densely quilt the top instead of just doing straight lines... but I just couldn't do the just the straight lines.

Yes, I get to keep the quilt after the editorial staff is done with it. I am going to actually USE this quilt as it is not pretty enough for a "show" quilt. So, I will look forward to snuggling under it come fall.

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of roses by the white chair. It looks so charming.
Does Belle still like "hang-dog" game? She's such a cutie.
Simply Roses

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your roses are gorgeous, and so is Belle!
I just planted some bare root Abraham Darby's last month, and they now have their first buds! I can hardly wait until they bloom! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosy,

I just stopped by your blog to see if you have any new posts... miss you! I hope you are doing alright.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I have enjoyed visiting your site so much. You roses are breath taking.
Thank you,
Marnie

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Rosy, so nice to meet you and thank you so much for your kind words!! I really appreciate that. Your roses are beautiful. That's the one thing I can grow are roses, I love my plants!!