Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A year ago today...........

Jubilee Celebration and Jude the Obscure No, it's not this blog's first anniversary yet. I still haven't got my new camera, so I thought I'd post some old photos. These are photos I took a year ago today. All these roses are in flower now in the garden as well. Due to the rain and cool weather we've had, roses' colours are even more intense this spring.

The Dark Lady, Radio Times, Sir Edward Elgar, Ambridge Rose, Anne Boelyn and TamoraChina Doll Weeping Standard Rose Jubilee Celebration, Jude the Obscure, Tamora and St. Cecilia Sir Edward Elgar Heritage Radio TimesJude the Obscure

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just want to bury my face in this beautiful bunch of roses and sniff up their wonderful scent! Would they still smell this good if they are a year old....only joking. I'm not completely mad. Where is that CAMERA! Can't wait to see more photos of your very beautiful house and garden,
Angela.

SHARON LUV'S SHABBY said...

I'm so jealous, I planted my first roses earlier this year and they are just starting to kick off. I have a cecile brunner standard weeper and it's still pretty much just a stick in the ground. Can't wait and hope that mine will look like these one day...
Absolutely gorgeous LUV the pics.
Sharon

Rosy Inspiration said...

Angela Louise......

I do bury my face in the roses all the time, and I can't help but go "Mmm.....Mmm!" My children would go "Mummm....!" Be sure to check that there's no bees sitting there waiting for you before you plunge yourself in though. The CAMERA is still in the shop........

Rosy Inspiration said...

Sharon......

Thanks for your kind comments. Cecile Brunner is a good tried and true rose, I'm sure it'll give you years of pleasure in its time, weeping standards do take two to three years to get established and reach their full potential.

Anonymous said...

Your roses are beautiful.

Ruth Welter said...

Just gorgeous roses, such vibrant and beautiful colors.