Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anne Boelyn Roses

There are lots of flowers on the Anne Boelyn bush in my garden at the moment,
so I gathered some and had a bunch of fun with them.Anne Boelyn is a David Austin (English) Rose which is said to have only a mild scent compared to most other English Roses which are much stronger in scent.
But for some reason their scent really stood out to me today,
which I totally welcomed.
I placed the pitcher with these Anne Boelyn roses on my bedside table.
Ahhh! There's a lovely tea-rosy scent wafting in the room. Simply heavenly!
From here you can also see my monogram-painted pillow which I did a while ago,
I guess for me painting the letters is much easier than stitching them,
so that was exactly what I did with a fabric paint in grey;
since I also had spare linen and white fabric and pillow inserts lying around.I hope you are having a wonderful day,
have a lovely Tuesday, my dear friends.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful roses inspiration, I love it!
I enjoyed your post and beautiful photos of flowers.
Have a nice Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful! I have several David Austin roses but will have to see about getting one of these beauties too!! Winter is still here in CO but am so looking forward to having my own roses to enjoy!

Jacqui said...

What absolutely stunning pictures!! Made my day, thank you
Hugs
Jacqui

Unknown said...

Your roses are so lovely. Do you/did you, do anything special to your soil prior to planting and in order to maintain your roses so well?

Alba Linea said...

they look absolute beautyfull! love the color very much! warm wishes and a sunny week! di
;0)

Unknown said...

So lovely inspiration!

Hugs
Charo

Carolyn said...

Beautiful!!!

Carolyn

Deb said...

Another fabulous rose to add to my list of David Austins that I have gathered from you. This year I think I will actually get to plant some since our garden has been ruined in the earthquake here, good excuse to buy new ones-lol.
Adore your bed's linen, looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Your roses are beautiful! I just love your gorgeous bedroom.

Kathy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Rosy, you have the best roses! Those Anne Boelyns are absolutely scrumptious and I can just imagine how fragrant they are. Thanks for sharing some beauty today.

Blessings,
Sandi

June said...

I love that rose!!! It is perfection! I also love your perfect photos of them as well Rosy. I love to see into your beautiful home every chance I get. It is such a treat.
The pillow is so pretty!
sending hugs